Tuesday 27 March 2012

Bones

Ever since I first made my Necromancer Cosplay people keep asking how I made the bones, It's no secret in fact I used the same technique a few of my friends use to make Quad and fur suits with a twist. There were several techniques i could have used to make them, but thinking about convention/event safety rules I opted to make them out of upholstery foam, Yes the same stuff you have inside the sofa! A simple template of the rough shape drawn onto a square of the foam, using a pair of scissors cut and shaped until i was happy, after that it was patients to papier mache each individual one before painting as desired, yup that simple =) and it didn't hurt me or anyone else if they ran/ bumped into me. I had a few issues with this technique and probably wouldn't advise it for huge bones, but if you're maybe looking for some lightweight horns for a wig, this might be ideal =) I think I may try it in the future again if I attempt a Draenei


Of course the foam bones weren't the only bones I had on the costume, there was also the necklace which after browsing the internet and hearing about friends jewellery they had made for their costumes I opted to use Fimo, and I can recommend it to anyone, I love it! Its so easy to use can't wait to have a project where I need to use it again.

No comments: