Saturday 12 May 2012

Update

Hey Folks,

I thought i should give myself  ten minute break just to update you what's going on, I've been so busy lately I haven't really had time to get the second part of the vocaloid tutorial up, or my foam tutorial which I wanted to write up too, and a lighting LED circuit tutorial and such like, just so much I want to share but haven't had time. why? well not only have I been busy with day to day life I have been trying to get my cosplays ready for London MCM Expo that includes my Sylvari repairs, Nightfury Gijinka and of course my Spiritmaster from Aion: The Tower of  Eternity. which i would gladly like to announce is almost complete!

However its not been all smooth sailing with my Spiritmaster. the head ring attatched to my back has cause a lot of havoc, first time the base split, second time the foam split, the supports broke off at one point, and LED's have come un soldered. however its finally looking good, with only a varnish to go. The varnish coat will protect it from rain.


My wonderflex cuffs <3 finally I think I got them exactly how I wanted them again I had a lot of trouble with paint, but this was my first time using wonderflex, in the end I used enamel spray paint to get the finish I wanted with a gold paint for the detail. Using Japanese lace and the same silver fabric as for the rest of the cosplay to do the trim. 


So this next image is a blog exclusive, though I'm really sorry for the really bad image! Here's the top (without the lights on) complete with collar and pouldrens! I'm really chuffed with this as I fail when it comes to making sleeves and tops. The pouldrens and collar are held together with a combination of Velcro and poppers. the pouldrens re made from craft foam and the black sections of the collar are made from wondeerflex to help hold the shape.


That's all for progress as I don't want to completely spoil the final photos.
So that's it for now, and if you're going to the vent don't be afraid to say hi =)




No comments: